Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This is so weird

Well hello there everyone,

I really can't beleive that this is my final email home from Paraguay. It seems like only yesterday that I was trying to tell the difference between Spanish, Portuguese, and Guaraní and now I'm in my final week! Eeek!

It was a good final full week of work in Tayuasapé. It ended on Sunday night with the baptism of Carlita Rodriguez so that was pretty dang awesome. Only four weeks here, but I still helped someone get baptized! Woo! It was a really good baptismal service and I was really happy to be there. She was really happy too so there were good feelings all around.

Today I had my final interview with Presidente Madariaga and we talked about the mission and life after and marriage and stuff haha. It was a good interview so I think I can handle being a civilian again. I still don't really feel that it's all coming to an end so I can't really express what I'm feeling. It's all mixed and crazy. All I know is that it was an amazing two years down here in Paraguay. I'll be forever grateful for the chance I had to be down here to work in the Lord's vineyard. I've seen so many people change their lives for the better and I'm happy to have been a part in their conversion. This Church is true and Jesus lives.

Aunque tengo muchas cosas que escribiros, no he querido comunicarlas por medio de papel y tinta, pues espero ir a vosotros y hablar cara a cara, para que nuestro gozo sea completo.    (2 Juan 12)

I love you all and I look forward to seeing you soon. We have much to discuss. 8-)

Love,
Elder Michael Morris

I've fought the good fight, I've finished my course, I've kept the faith.