Monday, July 9, 2012

Ysapy


Oh hello to all,

The cold has finally come. I've busted out the sweaters and all that good stuff so winter is in full swing! That means it should be over in about 2 weeks haha. Yeah Paraguayan winters. 

It's still all just business as usual in good ole Ysapy. I've got one more week in this change and then I'll have 6 months here. Woo 6 months! 

The cool news of the week is that I finally got Píke! It's a teeny tiny bug that goes into your body and lays eggs. I got it in my big toe, but I don't know from where. Supposedly it comes from mango flowers and then falls on dogs and stuff and they track it around everywhere. I actually thought it was a blister or something but after 2 weeks of not going away, I showed our landlord and he busted out the needle and pulled those eggs right out. Yeah! So now I'm all good but I had little baby bugs in me for a little while. I think that was the highlight of my week.

Our search for cool people continues. We found some this week so hopefully we keep it up and baptize lots of people here in Ysapy. I'm learning how to plan better so now we don't have to walk all over the place all day long. Tonight we have a sweet family home evening planned that involves cooking chicken and chipa guasu in a cool Paraguayan brick oven! It's gonna be good. I think. Yeah!

For all the ex missionaries from Paraguay, Olimpia lost to Cerro in the classico on Sunday. That game also decided the champion of the tournament for this half of the year. Dang Olimpia...

Anywho, like I said everything is just fine and dandy down here. It's cold which I don't like but we'll just keep on going a little bit longer. I love you all and I wish you a good week!

Love,
Elder Morris


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.